The Slovak Nuclear Insurance Pool currently offers the following liability insurance in the area of insurance of ionising radiation sources:
Liability Insurance for damages incurred to third parties as a consequence of operation and handling of sources of ionising radiation:
- The subject of the insurance is the liability of the insured for damage caused by the activity leading to radiation in accordance with the applicable laws on radiation protection and on protection, promotion and development of public health.
- It deals with liability insurance coverage for damages that may be caused to the health of third parties or death in connection with the activity performed leading to irradiation and important in terms of radiation protection.
- The insurance is concluded for an unplanned special radiation event qualified as the radiation emergency or radiation accident for each workplace with sources of ionising radiation, which is authorized by the Authority for activities leading to irradiation and important in terms of radiation protection.
- It deals with liability insurance coverage for claims that are classified as insured events occurring in the territory of the Slovak Republic.
- It offers insurance cover for each source of ionising radiation, in some cases it is concluded in cooperation with a specialized auditor who executes basic, regular, and extraordinary audit control of workplaces. Based on the audit report on the protection of the workplace from radiation, the insurer classifies the workplace into a relevant risk category taking into account the insurance risk.
- The insurance is concluded for installations like RTG devices, accelerators, generators, radioisotopic sources, and for the activities like radiation therapy of people, stomatology, defectoscopy, logging, irradiation, research and development, production, transport, storage and radioactive waste disposal, use of sources of ionising radiation for protection of persons or property, etc.
Slovak Nuclear Insurance Pool